Disclosure is the act of making information available to the public.
Please find below a non-exhaustive list of the kinds of disclosure (more or less voluntary) that you may encounter:
- Submitting an article to a journal / an abstract for a conference
- Presentation at a conference
- Application for financing
- Thesis/ dissertation defence
- Meeting with an industrial partner
- Material transfer
- Introducing sequences in data bases
- Information circulated on the Internet
Any disclosure of an invention, verbal and/or written, may render it impossible to file a patent application. Our first advice is not to disclose information regarding the technology when you think that it might be marketable.
However, we are well aware that in the context of university research, this ideal is difficult to maintain, given the publication demands in the university environment. Please do not hesitate to contact us in this case. We will make every effort to find solutions to enable you to promote your technology while at the same meeting the publication demands made on you.